BeyondGenderAgenda launches the German Diversity Award and kicks-off the nomination phase for 2020
Düsseldorf, August 19, 2020 – BeyondGenderAgenda, the initiative for diversity and inclusion, is hosting the German Diversity Award for the first time this year. Outstanding commitment to diversity is recognized in eight categories in order to give more attention to the importance of diverse executive and supervisory boards in Germany and to bring about sustainable cultural change.
The nomination phase for the German Diversity Award by BeyondGenderAgenda begins today. The award is aimed at individuals and companies who made an outstanding contribution to diversity in 2020.
“With each of the eight categories of the German Diversity Award, we would like to honor extraordinary commitment to diversity. We want to motivate companies through positive examples to fill their executive and supervisory boards with more diverse staff and to establish an inclusive corporate culture. Facing the corona pandemic, it is essential to use a wide range of perspectives to cope with the economic upturn.
The German Diversity Award will provide evidence of the economic importance of diversity and inclusion in 2020″, explains Victoria Wagner, founder and CEO of BeyondGenderAgenda.
The award categories represent the BeyondGenderAgenda chapters Disability, Ethnicity, Gender, Generation and LGBT+ and are supplemented by the special categories Personality of the Year, Company of the Year and Audience Award. The jury is made up of relevant representatives from economy, science and politics.
BeyondGenderAgenda was able to win over the renowned artist Thomas Schönauer to design the trophy: “For years I have been fighting against linear thought and action structures as well as vertical hierarchies that prevent a lot of creativity. Thus, the German Diversity Award is the perfect opportunity to integrate my activities into an ecosystem.”
The German Diversity Award will be presented on November 18, 2020. This year, due to the corona pandemic, there will be no physical award ceremony. Instead, the event will take place digitally and will be communicated via the social media channels of BeyondGenderAgenda. The nomination phase is now open. Nominations can be submitted until September 30, 2020. Requirements and details at: GermanDiversityAward.com.
BeyondGenderAgenda has set itself the goal of securing and expanding the international competitiveness of the German economy in the long term by integrating Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) into the DNA of listed and medium-sized companies. Based on the clear connection between D&I and business performance, equal opportunities of managers with disability, of different gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation or gender identity in the composition of board positions and supervisory board mandates should be ensured and thus a change of culture involving politics, society and economy be brought about.
Beyond Gender Agenda GmbH
Kaiserswerther Straße 282
D- 40474 Düsseldorf
Phone: +49 211 909 889-62
- Jolanta Baboulidis, Country Director, Twitter Germany
- Sabine Dietrich, Member Supervisory Board and Chair Digitalization & Technology Committee, Commerzbank
- Kristina Faßler, General Manager Marketing and Commercial Sales, WELT
- Cindy Groenke, Managing Director, Miele X
- Sabine Hansen, Founder / Owner, IWiL – Initiative Women into Leadership V.
- Curt Simon Harlinghausen, Chief Solution Engineer | Nerd, C5H GmbH
- Elke Heitmüller, Head – Group Diversity Management, Volkswagen AG
- Manuela Kampp-Wirtz, CEO, BurdaStyle
- Diana Kinnert, Politician, Entrepreneur, Author, Founder and CEO of newsgreen GmbH
- Raul Krauthausen, Activist and Chairman, SOZIALHELDEN V.
- Daniela Mündler, Board Member, GenerationCEO
- Felicia Mutterer, Founder, STRAIGHT
- Susanna Nezmeskal-Berggötz, Vice President Diversity & Values, Deutsche Post DHL
- Claudia Oeking, Director External Affairs, Member of the Management Team, Philip Morris GmbH
- Christoph Pietsch, Chief Marketing Officer, DDB Group Germany
- Pierrot Raschdorff, Marketing Director, Penguin Random House Verlagsgruppe / der Hörverlag
- Gabriela Rauffer, Director Device Marketing EMEA, Microsoft
- Aida Rizvo, International C-Suite Executive – on creative break
- Ilana Rolef-Heberling, Lead Strategic Marketing & Communications, PwC
- Belgin Rudack, Chairwoman, Creditplus Bank AG
- Wigan Salazar, CEO Germany, MSL
- Erik Schäfer, Member of Dean’s Advisory Board, WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management
- Dr. Susanne Schmidt, Professor of International Management, Otto-von-Guericke Universität Magdeburg
- Tobias Schönberg, Senior partner, Co-director of the Berlin office, Roland Berger
- Thorsten Sperlich, Vice President Communications, LIXIL EMENA / CCO, GROHE
- Martin Spilker, Director, Competence Center for Leadership and Corporate Culture, Bertelsmann Stiftung
- Katja Suding, Member of the German Bundestag, Vice Chairwoman of the FDP-Bundestagsfraktion
- Lea Vajnorsky, Global Head of Diversity and Inclusion, Henkel AG & KGaA
- Andrea Wasmuth, CSO, HANDELSBLATT MEDIA GROUP
- Matthias Weber, Chairman of the Executive Board, Völklinger Kreis – Bundesverband schwuler Führungskräfte und Selbstständiger
- Kathrin Werner, Chief Editor, Süddeutsche Zeitung – Plan W
- Maru Winnacker, Founding Partner, Super Group
Sponsor: Roland Berger
Category: Audience Award
Sponsor: Philip Morris
Category: Personality of the Year
Sponsor: Creditplus Bank
Category: Company of the Year